The Bandit is the first enemy encountered in the game and can be encountered in several later areas too. They are the most basic form of enemies in the game.
Like all enemies, corrupted variants of Bandits can be encountered when the player is equal to the area level and appear more often the higher level they are.
- Punch (0) - Does 2 Damage and can be faked out. Dodgeable.
- Steal (0) - Deals no Damage and steals 1-5 Cents. Dodgeable.
- (2+) Savage Hit (2) - Deals 10 Damage and inflicts Stun for two turns. Dodgeable.
- (3) Barrage (2) - Deals 16 Damage with 8 hits total, first hit dealing 8 Damage and the rest dealing 1 Damage. Partially Dodgeable.
As a humanoid enemy, the Bandit is capable of using items.
- Chicken Wing - Restores 5 HP to itself or an ally.
- Juice - Grants Charging-1 for three turns.
- Hot Sauce - Grants Power Up-2 for three turns.
Fighting Bandits is a relatively simple task, but they can be a bit of a struggle for new players learning the controls.
Bandits can appear in groups of one to four alongside other Bandits and later with Burglars in the Hidden Woods. They will occasionally use Hot Sauce and Chicken Wings to stay in the fight, but their attacks are predictable and easy to dodge, making them good for new players to practice on. Multiple bandits can easily be dealt with using heavy area-of-effect skills such as Fiery Explosion or Giant Crowbar when they are learned later on in the game.
Against Corruption 1 Bandits, they are comparable to that of a Burglar in raw stats, with the difference being that Health is 10 rather than 7. Dull Rapier can finish it off on turn two. Barraging them is also an easy finish as they only have 1 defense at Corruption 1.
Against Corruption 3 Bandits, they gain Barrage, a mostly unavoidable attack which can be a serious threat against even skilled players without at least 2 Defense. Even if the initial blow can be dodged or blocked, the rest of the punches will still hit for high damage.
- The Bandit is the only enemy that can go into water by following you into the waterfall at Mapleburg Way.