Golems are living statues that have a greenish aura and green, glowing eyes. These enemies are found in the Druid Grove, and can appear when fighting Druids, Tanglers, and Bedrock in said area. They also appear in the Overgrown Grotto if you have high enough Rating, or get far enough in Endless.
They attempt to pull you into battle by throwing stones at you.
- Stone Toss (0) - Throws a stone that varies in speed at a random enemy, dealing 4 Damage if it lands. Dodgeable.
- Stone Guard (1) - The Golem gets into a pose, increasing their Defense by 4 for 1 turn.
- Stone Arm (2) - The Golem walks up to a random enemy, reels their fist back, and punches at high force. Deals 6 damage to their target. This attack decreases the target's defense by 1 for 3 turns if it deals damage. Undodgeable.
- Earthquake (1) - At the start of the player's turns, deal 1 Damage to all allies and enemies. Undodgeable.
- Golems will always begin battles with this attack if Earthquake isn't in effect already.
Thanks to their naturally high Defense, and their immunity to damage-over-turn effects like Poison and Burn, you should try to save up SP in order to use harder-hitting moves like Dull Rapier and Savage Hit. You'd also be good with defense-increasing items or skills like BBQ Sauce and Ice Armor to deal with Earthquake and Stone Arm. However, you'll want to try to avoid using these attacks when their Stone Guard is active. Golems aren't immune to stuns and vines, however, so you can remove a turn from them.
Against corrupted Golems, though, not only do stuns no longer work against anything above corruption level 1, you're probably going to need attack buffs alongside the higher-costing Skills to be able to dent their extreme defense. Luckily, they don't get any new Skills. However, their attacks hit heavy now, so defense buffs are vital to surviving them.
- • Golems are one of the few enemies to not gain any new Skills when corrupted. The only other enemies that share this trait are the two bosses: The Bandit King and Bedrock.
- • Corrupt Golems are also hard to find, as Golems can only be corrupted in the Druid Grove if you're at Level 15, the area's recommended level.