Tanglers are enemies that appear as an intersected log with limbs created by Druids after having been brainwashed. They can be encountered along Frogville Road and within the Druid Grove, and they can also be summoned by Druids and players with the Summon Tangler skill.
- Vine Trap (0) - Deals 3 Damage and inflicts Stuck for one turn if not blocked. Undodgeable.
- Wood Thorns (2) - Rapidly launches thorns, dealing 4 Damage to each enemy in order of join order and piercing 1 Defense. Dodgeable.
- (2) Savage Hit (2) - Deals 12 Damage and inflicts Stun for two turns. Dodgeable.
- (3) Barrage (2) - Deals 18 Damage in total, first hit dealing 10 Damage and the rest dealing 1 Damage. Partially Dodgeable.
Fighting Tanglers could be a long draw due to their Defense and Vine Trap skill potentially stalling the fight. By itself, they do not pose a major threat but should be taken out immediately after any supporting Druids are defeated. As with all other enemies, practice is essential to make avoiding their attacks easier.
Vine Trap is a skill used by default by Tanglers due to its 0 SP cost. This undodgeable skill inflicts Stuck to one player, but the status can be prevented with a well-timed block. If you cannot block consistently, Ice Armor can completely nullify Vine Trap, though if given a buff from Druids, it deals enough damage to inflict Stuck regardless.
Wood Thorns is executed quickly and can even catch experienced players off guard, but fortunately, with enough practice and anticipation, this skill can be dodged easily.
Tanglers are almost always accompanied by Druids. If there are Druids, they should be taken out before the Tanglers to minimize enemy support play in the battle. Skills that are useful against a minor to moderate defense such as Basic Archery or Dull Rapier are recommended against Tanglers. Any skill that inflicts Stun or Stuck could also be useful to prevent them from doing the same to you.
Against Corrupted Tanglers, Ice Armor becomes useless for defending against the Stuck status. They may gain Savage Hit and Barrage, and their Defense might get so high that low SP skills will have no effect on them. In that case, skills targeted against defense such as Stone Arm and Stunning Evil Impact are recommended against such Tanglers.
- As of now, Tanglers are the only Enemy to not have any gear drops of their own.
- Wood Thorns had a past name which is 'Nature's Arsenal'
- There is a Secret Tangler Tree in Mellow Meadows near Mellow Ranch and the Meadows Minigame
|Woodlands||Bandit - Daiseye - Lileye - Burglar - Tangler - Druid - Dweller - Fungeye - Golem|
|Bosses||The Bandit King - Bedrock|
|Events||Wraith - Snowman|